Good morning y’all! The 2014 Winter Olympics are off and running, and as promised, we’ll be providing daily schedules of the rundown of events, highlighting medal rounds and giving you times and TV listings.
Sochi, Russia, is nine hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, so while there are a number of events that you will be able to watch live on NBC and affiliates (they provide thorough real-time coverage on the weekends and some during the week), the network will use its primetime slot (typically beginning at 8 p.m. ET) to re-air the day’s main events via tape-delay. Check out your local TV listings here.
For today (Saturday, Feb. 8), there’s a full slate of events, but thankfully the Winter Olympics features a much smaller variety of events than the Summer Games, so the list will be short. Unless otherwise indicated, the listed event time will also be its TV airtime (events slated for tape-delay re-air during primetime will be noted).
2014 Olympic Winter Games – Day 2 Schedule
(ALL TIMES EASTERN)
* – Medal Event
- 12:30 a.m.: Snowboarding, Men’s Slopestyle Semifinals. Americans Chas Guldemond, Ryan Stassel and Sage Kotsenburg compete for a spot in the final later this morning.
- 1:00 a.m.: Alpine Skiing, Women’s Super-Combined Training
- 2:00 a.m.: Alpine Skiing, Men’s Downhill Training
- 3:00 a.m.: Women’s Hockey, Team USA takes on Finland in Group A Play
- *3:45 a.m.: Snowboarding, Men’s Slopestyle Finals
- *5:00 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Women’s Skiathlon 15km (Classic + Free) Final. Americans Liz Stephen, Jessica Diggins, Sadie Bjornsen and Holly Brooks will go for Team USA’s first-ever cross-country skiing medal, though none are expected to seriously contend.
- *6:30 a.m.: Speedskating, Men’s 5000m Final.
- 8:00 a.m.: Women’s Hockey, Canada vs. Switzerland in Group A Play
- 9:30 a.m.: Figure Skating, Team Ice Dance Short Dance
- 9:30 a.m.: Luge, Men’s Singles Run 1
- *9:30 a.m.: Biathlon, Men’s 10km Sprint Final
- 11:10 a.m.: Figure Skating, Team Ladies Short Program
- 11:30 a.m.: Luge, Men’s Singles Run 2
- 11:30 a.m.: Ski Jumping, Men’s Normal Hill Qualifying
- *1:00 p.m.: Skiing, Women’s Moguls Finals
- 1:05 p.m.: Figure Skating, Team Pairs Free Skate