Good evening yall! I apologize for the lack of updates on Sunday and earlier Monday, and for no podcast; we’re having technical issues preventing a podcast but here’s the rundown for tomorrow’s events, which start in just an hour with women’s curling!
Big things to watch out for here are the beginning of individual and pairs figure skating competition with the pairs short program airing live on NBC Sports Network at 10 a.m. (An FYI – NBC is airing ALL figure skating events live.) The popular slopestyle event ends on the women’s side with the ski freestyle final at 4 a.m.
Tuesday afternoon also features two widely anticipated events: the Olympic debut of women’s ski jumping on the normal hill and the men’s snowboarding halfpipe final, where Shaun White hopes to earn a third-straight Olympic gold medal in the event. He’s dominated the event to date. You can see him and the other snowboarders compete to reach the final first at 5 a.m. in the qualifying rounds and at 10 a.m. in the semifinals. The women’s ski jump will air at 1:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, and NBC is likely to withhold broadcasting the halfpipe until the prime time coverage, though you should be able to watch it online.
Enjoy this slate of events! And if you missed anything from Monday, you can click here to watch the video action.
2014 Olympic Winter Games – Feb. 11 Schedule
(ALL TIMES EASTERN)
* – Medal Event
^ – Televised Live
- 12:00 a.m.: Curling, Women’s Qualification (Switzerland vs. Denmark, Sweden vs. Canada, Russia vs. USA, South Korea vs. Japan)
Team USA’s match vs. Russia will re-air beginning at 3 a.m. on NBC Sports Network
- 1:00 a.m.: Freestyle Skiing, Women’s Ski Slopestyle Qualification
- *4:00 a.m.: Freestyle Skiing, Women’s Ski Slopestyle Final
- ^5:00 a.m.: Curling, Men’s Qualification (Canada vs. Sweden, USA vs. China, Great Britain vs. Germany, Norway vs. Russia)
Team USA vs. China will be televised live on USA Network
- 5:00 a.m.: Women’s Hockey Group B Play (Germany vs. Sweden)
- 5:00 a.m.: Snowboard, Men’s Halfpipe Qualification
- 5:00 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Women’s Sprint Qualification
- 5:25 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Men’s Sprint Qualification
- 7:00 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Women’s Sprint Quarterfinal
- 7:25 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Men’s Sprint Quarterfinal
- *^7:45 a.m.: Speed Skating, Women’s 500m (NBC Sports Network)
- 7:56 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Women’s Sprint Semifinal
- 8:06 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Men’s Sprint Semifinal
- *^8:22 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Women’s Sprint Final (NBC Sports Network)
- *^8:30 a.m.: Cross-Country Skiing, Men’s Sprint Final (NBC Sports Network)
- *9:30 a.m.: Luge, Women’s Singles
- *10:00 a.m.: Women’s Biathlon Pursuit
- 10:00 a.m.: Snowboard, Men’s Halfpipe Semifinal
- 10:00 a.m.: Curling, Women’s Qualification (Great Britain vs. USA, South Korea vs. Switzerland, Denmark vs. Japan, China vs. Russia)
- ^10:00 a.m.: Women’s Hockey Group B Play, Russia vs. Japan (MSNBC)
- ^10:00 a.m.: Figure Skating, Pairs Short Program (NBC Sports Network)
- *12:30 p.m.: Ski Jumping, Women’s Normal Hill Individual
- *12:30 p.m.: Snowboard, Men’s Halfpipe Final